Le Café

We spend a lot of time in cafés when we’re in France.

I love the fact that you can get a hot drink…

or something stronger

And I particularly love that you can enjoy your morning coffee with your best friend…

It’s just so… civilised.

32 Responses to Le Café

1. Marisa @All in Good Food February 25, 2010 at 06:32 #

I desire to be in a community like that. To be able to go to a cafe and jusrt sit, drink and enjoy.

I know it wasn’t the focus of your post but the most say the various chair designs in the cafes is facinating and beautiful. I remeber seeing a program years ago about a company that made the hand wove chairs for cafes but I can’t remember if it was in France. It was so long ago. But seing those chairs made me think of that.

• Mardi@eatlivetravelwrite February 25, 2010 at 21:22 #

Oh I totally agree and I think that subconsciously it just might have been the focus of my post. I LOVE those chairs.

2. Cat February 25, 2010 at 06:48 #

lovely photos – a nice post to wake up to on a gloomy and gray late-winter morning.

3. Alicia February 25, 2010 at 10:06 #

Ah, good times… sigh.

4. High/Low February 25, 2010 at 10:58 #

wonderful photos! sigh…miss Paris…

5. K a b l o o e y February 25, 2010 at 11:19 #

Thanks for transporting me abroad… it was lovely.

6. Tasty Trix February 25, 2010 at 16:46 #

It irks me to no end that I can’t take Pete – my awesome dog – into bars and things. It’s ridiculous. Sigh. Your blog looks amazing, and I just realized that I have to re-follow you because blogger isn’t updating your posts. Duh!!!

7. Gourmantic February 25, 2010 at 17:55 #

Ah… la nostalgie evoked by your images! During the last 2 trips to Paris I must have photographed every café chairs arrangement we passed! Got strange looks from one of the patrons but I just smiled.

Another thing we have in common :)

8. Nicole @ Making Good Choices February 25, 2010 at 18:15 #

I need to go to Paris! Your pictures just make me want to go right now…thanks for sharing!

9. Dawn Brister (Whineaux) February 25, 2010 at 18:18 #

I am having France withdrawals. I’m not sure if your post made it better or worse, but I was in a cafe for a moment. THANK YOU!

10. Christine @ Fresh Local and Best February 25, 2010 at 22:45 #

These pictures truly capture the charm of French cafes beautifully! I adore all of the chairs and the cheery table linens!

11. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction February 25, 2010 at 22:52 #

Such great photos… I love them all!

12. Conor @ HoldtheBeef February 26, 2010 at 03:51 #

That dog just looks so attentive! Ready to spring into action at a moments notice (or when a little crumb of something tasty falls on the floor, perhaps).

13. penny aka jeroxie February 26, 2010 at 07:48 #

How lovely! And it is so sweet that the dog could go into the pub….

14. marla {family fresh cooking} February 26, 2010 at 08:49 #

You soooo make me want to travel when I read your blog. These photos are lovely. Great to have a virtual tour of les francais cafés.

15. 5 Star Foodie February 26, 2010 at 13:49 #

Sounds so nice! Wish I could be in a cafe in Paris right now!

16. Fuji Mama March 1, 2010 at 21:27 #

I missed this post somehow! I LOVE the cafe culture in France. Especially on a cold sunny day when you can sit and sip a piping hot chocolat chaud and people watch. Sigh.