Aussie treat bonanza!

I received my second parcel from the foodie exchange group! This one all the way from Perth in Australia courtesy of Conor from Hold the Beef!

Conor is a witty and talented blogger and if you haven’t already checked out her blog, you should. I think we might be long lost sisters actually since she shares my love of some great Australian treats, and she pays close attention to what she reads – reflected in my food parcel:

Conor clearly pays attention to my blog since she sent some true favorites:

Obviously for Neil who likes spicy foods!

Again for Neil who has expressed interest in chutney-type condiments!

Ooooooh! MY favourites (though Neil would not say no to a double coat Tim Tam). Conor clearly pays attention.

Cherry Ripes, about which I have spoken fondly!

And the pièces de résistances:

I got so excited when I was back in Australia in the summer finding my childhood favourites and Conor obviously understands the importance of the Caramello Koala and the Strawberry Freddo to those of us born in Australia!

Thanks soooooo much for the thoughtful and FUN parcel Conor. We will be saving these treats and trying to make them last as long as we can. It’s gonna be difficult!

14 Responses to Aussie treat bonanza!

1. The Best Family December 12, 2009 at 11:14 #

i love how many friends you've made through your blog and that those friends far and wide have sent such fun boxes of treats!

2. Cookies and cakes December 12, 2009 at 11:41 #

Yum! I have a friend who sends me things from Canada and I always enjoy having something new!

3. Evelyne@CheapEthnicEatz December 12, 2009 at 12:11 #

Awesome exchange ladies

4. Natalie December 12, 2009 at 12:49 #

Everything looks fantastic!!

5. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite December 12, 2009 at 14:15 #

Best Family – we are having a blogger meet up in Paris too!Cookies and cakes – it's great to try new stuff!Evelyne – thanks for spearheading this and getting it off the ground!Natalie – thank YOU for starting this with Evelyne!

6. high low December 13, 2009 at 15:09 #

ooh – can't wait for my exchange with Conor! Everything looks wonderful!! Btw, went to my friend's holiday party and hit up our Aussie hosts for some Dark Chocolate Tim Tams…mmm…=)

7. Conor @ HoldtheBeef December 14, 2009 at 02:27 #

Thanks for the very kind words Mardi, and you're very welcome!! I'm just sorry I didn't include some dark Tim Tams for Neil :)Enjoy!! I'm looking forward to receiving yours (although Aust Post are kinda striking at the moment, so I'm waiting patiently)

8. Conor @ HoldtheBeef December 14, 2009 at 02:30 #

By the way, it's a totally Aus strike, as it's half-arsed… apparently we don't need to use stamps to post within Australia as they're saying they aren't going to check while they strike, but then other people are saying you should still use stamps. I just hope they don't use your parcel as sustenance through the strike.

9. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite December 14, 2009 at 09:46 #

high low – mmmmm dark chocolate Tim Tams!Conor – Neil gets his dark choc Tim Tam fix from my mum, it's ok! I DO hope your parcel makes it – it's so random what will and won't go through…

10. Neil C. Phillips December 14, 2009 at 10:02 #

OMG – Conor's a "she"?!?!?!? What a revelation! :-)Don't you worry, Conor…I'll be getting my share of those treats.

11. Gourmantic December 14, 2009 at 19:04 #

No Vegemite? That's a taste most people don't forget!Tim Tams and Cherry Ripes are my undoing. Best not to bring them home!

12. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite December 15, 2009 at 15:24 #

Neil – leave the lovely Conor alone ;-)Gourmantic – I didn't need any vegemite right now since I stocked up in the summer! Conor knows that I am sure.

13. Conor @ HoldtheBeef December 19, 2009 at 04:11 #

Good heavens Neil, you're right! :o

14. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite December 20, 2009 at 01:09 #

Conor – one word for you. Clueless. And I am not talking about you! No Tim Tams for Mr Neil !!