San Francisco Ferry Building

More deliciousness from the Ferry building. I mean, really, who needs city tourist buses when you have the Ferry Building right next to your hotel. I could have spent HOURS there (well, more hours than I already did). When Neil and I return to California next summer with both our parents in tow, we will SO be spending a lot of time here….

The Foodbuzz Blogger Festival provided pastries:

And a nice view of the building before it got swamped:

And here’s Gary the security guard, hard at work (he really wanted to be in this picture!!):

So here you have it, the sweet:

And ohhhhh -looooook!!!

Yes, these actually made it home!!!!

And the savory:

Oh yes, San Fran – I will be back…..

23 Responses to San Francisco Ferry Building

1. stephchows November 13, 2009 at 13:56 #

mmm i had the gelato, the hazelnut was mu favorite!! great pics!!

2. Joy November 13, 2009 at 15:09 #

Man this festival looked awesome, thank you for sharing your pictures! I dont know what I'd do with myself if I was surrounded by so much food…

3. Conor @ HoldtheBeef November 13, 2009 at 15:17 #

Tasty Salted Pig Parts? There is something so very wrong, and yet so right about this phrase.

4. Mae November 13, 2009 at 16:40 #

Great pics, I so wish I could've been there! Myer lemon tarts and salty pig parts… that's real poetry ;)

5. jen laceda November 13, 2009 at 16:51 #

This is all in the market next to your hotel? Can you please give me the exact address? I'd love to go to San Fran and stuff myself with all these goodies!

6. Fresh Local and Best November 13, 2009 at 17:22 #

This is my favorite place in the city! I spent so much time in this place when I was living in Sausalito. I used to take the ferry from the north, which is a beautiful 20 minute ride that offers amazing views of the Golden Gate bridge and Bay bridge. My favorite time to visit the Ferry Building is in August when many of the fresh fruits and vegetables are in season, peaches, plums, and figs!

7. Carolyn Jung November 13, 2009 at 17:31 #

Everytime I go to the Ferry Building, I go crazy buying stuff. Who can resist, right? Your photos show all the temptations in all their glory.

8. Simply Life November 13, 2009 at 22:05 #

Yum, I need to stop reading your blog before dinner – I get sooo hungry for food that's not in our house! :)

9. Yvonne November 13, 2009 at 23:04 #

everything looks sooooooooooooooo good – i could totally spend the day there!

10. allingoodfood42 November 13, 2009 at 23:14 #

I have something else to look forward to when I go back. I love San Fran. Thanks for sharing your pics.

11. The Best Family November 14, 2009 at 00:26 #

ok, i think i could just go on vacation to the ferry building and never even see the rest of sf. oh my word.

12. traveleatlove November 14, 2009 at 01:40 #

You got great photos! I can not wait to return!

13. Cocina Savant November 14, 2009 at 03:35 #

wow, this looks amazing! looks like you had a blast :)

14. 5 Star Foodie November 14, 2009 at 04:03 #

I'm ready to interrupt my cheese tasting "break" after looking at these pictures of cheeses!

15. Divina Pe November 14, 2009 at 05:33 #

More great food. No need a lot of words, just fabulous pics.

16. penny aka jeroxie November 14, 2009 at 08:58 #

HOw I wish that foodbuzz has this in Australia! How cool it would be and you be sponsored here!

17. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 14, 2009 at 12:24 #

Steph – I thought gelato for b'fast might be a bit extreme so didn't try it…

Joy – you're welcome. It was a challenge!

Conor – all I can say is: pork heaven!

Mae – poetry indeed

Jen – I emailed you

Fresh Local – I will be there next August!!! YAY!

Carolyn – temptations indeed!

Simply Life – sorry!

Yvonne – me too!

allingoodfood – worth going back for.

Best Family – rest of SF? What's that?

traveleatlove – me too!

Cocina – yup!

4 Star – a cheese break? SOunds drastic!

Divina – the pictures say it all, huh?

Penny – you have some great markets there too!

18. Lori Lynn November 14, 2009 at 15:14 #

Thanks for the memories…
    LL

19. OysterCulture November 14, 2009 at 15:34 #

Fun read – stumbled across your post. Yes, I am lucky to live in SF, conveniently enough I try to schedule most of my meetings at the Ferry Building. Sounds like you had a grand time!

20. April Cavin November 14, 2009 at 19:51 #

Looks like foodie heaven…

21. Miriam November 14, 2009 at 20:24 #

Wow, not a bad place…

22. Megan Gordon November 16, 2009 at 04:58 #

Girl, you covered it! Couldn't have done it better myself (being a local and all :) Awesome photos–fun to read! Reminded me of how much I'm missing Miette at this very moment. Gotta make a special trip…

23. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 16, 2009 at 12:56 #

Lori Lynn – :-)

Oyster Culture – sooooo lucky!

April – yup!

Miriam – that would be an understatement!

Megan – Glad I have the local seal of approval!!