Foodbuzz Blogger Festival – the dinner

Saturday night’s dinner was brought to us by Outstanding in the Field who, according to their website, offer “Culinary celebrations at the source. Set between the soil and the sky, Outstanding in the Field’s long, linen-draped table beckons adventurous diners to celebrate food at the source. Bringing together local farmers and food artisans, chefs and winemakers, we explore the connection between the earth and the food on your plate. Join us as we feast on the gifts of the land.

We all boarded the Blogger express buses to the Greenleaf Produce warehouse, where we mingled, ate and drank for a few good hours.

This table snaked its way through the warehouse, effectively seating everyone at one table!

Pre-dinner snacks were so more-ish!

Mingling:

Meghan, Andrea and me.

Me, Amir and Chrystal and Chef Sarah from the Bertolli Sauces test kitchen.

And on the menu:

(no photos of this as it was simply being passed around during drinks)

A plate of the calamari to share:

And my portion:

Next up:

Melt in your mouth beef cheeks!!!

Now THIS is the way to get kids to eat their brussels sprouts!!!

Dessert followed!

With Vin Santo:

A sensory overload for sure – so many good smells and tastes and such beautifully presented food. This was an outstanding meal. Thanks Outstanding in the Field and Foodbuzz.

41 Responses to Foodbuzz Blogger Festival – the dinner

1. Rochelle November 9, 2009 at 14:42 #

Oh I'm SO jealous! I wish I could have gone, but I'm glad you were able to get those of us that couldn't attend pictures to satisfy our curiousity a little bit :)

2. Fresh Local and Best November 9, 2009 at 16:25 #

Mardi,
    It looks like you had a great time in SF! I'm so glad! The meals look amazing! Were you able to attend the Saturday morning Farmer's market at the Ferry Building?
    Christine

3. high low November 9, 2009 at 16:29 #

So wonderful meeting you in person! I had a fun time checking out all the festivities and eating all the food! I finally started posting pics from the trip…Our Day 1 HH and dinner is up – shout out to you…with plenty more photos to come!

4. Tasty Trix November 9, 2009 at 16:51 #

Not jealous! Not! jealous!

5. Kitchen M November 9, 2009 at 16:59 #

This was my favorite part of the event!! The food and the idea of having dinner like this were just mind blowing!

6. Tasty Eats At Home November 9, 2009 at 17:05 #

Oh wow, sounds wonderful. Wish I would have gone! Of course, after just looking at that meal, I think I need to jump on the treadmill!LOL

7. Ravenous Couple November 9, 2009 at 18:25 #

wow, great job recounting the dinner! We may not have met there..but congrats!!

8. The Duo Dishes November 9, 2009 at 19:03 #

You are so good for updating during the trip! By the time we dod it, it'll be old news. :)

9. Skylar November 9, 2009 at 19:10 #

Looks amazing!

10. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 9, 2009 at 19:12 #

Rochelle – next year maybe?

Christine – yup – more pictures coming of the market (ummm, a LOT more!)

Andrea – soooo fun to meet you and hang out with you!

Tasty Trix – :-) Next year?

Kitchen M – it was definitely a highlight!

Tasty Eats – actually I was not full after all that – well maybe of wine! It was more like tasting portions…

Ravenous Couple – there were so many people I didn't get to meet :-( Next year!

Duo – I'll read it!!! Loved hanging out with you guys!!!

11. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 9, 2009 at 19:12 #

Skylar – oh it was!

12. Miranda November 9, 2009 at 20:06 #

Oh..The envy!
    I am going next yr. I am leaving my babies and I am going! No ifs!
    Thanks for sharing *tear*

13. and this blog November 9, 2009 at 20:31 #

it was nice meeting you at the FB Festival! To many more foodie events!

14. allingoodfood42 November 9, 2009 at 21:23 #

Wow the food looked great and I wish I could have been there. I am hoping for next year.

15. Andrea@WellnessNotes November 9, 2009 at 21:24 #

Thanks for the beautiful recap! It almost felt I was there… I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time! :)

16. Susan Harris-Kennedy (WineFoodChat) November 9, 2009 at 21:56 #

Next year! Would love to not only taste all the food, but would love meeting all the fellow FBZ friends. It is not often that you are in a room with hundreds of people that share the same passion. Did a great job of covering it.

17. penny aka jeroxie November 9, 2009 at 23:18 #

So fun. I wish I was there to meet everyone and enjoy so much great food!

18. Simply Life November 9, 2009 at 23:38 #

Wow looks like an amazing meal and experience!

19. Amanda November 9, 2009 at 23:43 #

Mike and I are so proud! We even bragged you up on a curricula revision – hope that's OK!

Keep us posted on your triumphs!

20. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 9, 2009 at 23:52 #

Amanda – thanks so much for the "bragging" (you know I didn't win the award, right?)

Simply Life – it was, quite the experience…

Penny – I believe a glass was raised in your honour by this fellow Aussie!

WineFoodChat – DEFINITELY plan to come next year!

Andrea – glad I could recreate it a bit!

Allingoodfood – next year…

andthisblog – hooray for foodie events!!

Miranda – see you there next year!

21. pegasuslegend November 10, 2009 at 00:13 #

Well if I thought this was even a bit less than spectacular you certainly changed my mind to this being over the top…great post and appreciate the recap very nice.

22. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 10, 2009 at 00:15 #

Pegasuslegend – it was most certainly over the top in the best possible way!

23. Divina Pe November 10, 2009 at 01:14 #

What a spectacular festival. Great food and great people. I think I'll be dreaming of this and one day being able to meet you and other food bloggers in person. :)

24. April Cavin November 10, 2009 at 01:24 #

Looks amazing– loving your posts about the event! Almost feels like I was there, too :)

25. The Chickenless Chick November 10, 2009 at 02:07 #

So jealous!! I love the Outstanding in the Field concept. Thanks for sharing this.

26. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 10, 2009 at 02:23 #

Divina – some day…. :-)

April – glad you are enjoying!

Chickenless – you are so welcome!

27. cheap ethnic eatz November 10, 2009 at 04:10 #

Cant wait to hear the details in person friday. Email me so we can choose a place to go.

28. 5 Star Foodie November 10, 2009 at 04:57 #

Sounds wonderful! Wish I could be there!

29. The Best Family November 10, 2009 at 12:40 #

wow – what an amazing dinner! it looks like something from top chef. so glad you had fun!

30. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 10, 2009 at 12:55 #

5 Star – next year next year….

Best Family – yes it was a bit like a TC challenge for those chefs!

31. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 10, 2009 at 12:56 #

Cheap Ethnic – co excited to meet you on Friday!

32. Jessie November 10, 2009 at 14:49 #

that looks like fun! I wish I could have gone to meet all of the great foodies and have lots of awesome food.

33. CaptnRachel aka Tha Pizza Cutta November 10, 2009 at 18:58 #

outstanding account of the weekend. Cheers!

34. Rose November 10, 2009 at 19:18 #

That was SUCH an awesome dinner! Would it be possible for me to snag the photo (and give you credit of course) of the table? email if ok at bitemekitchen@gmail.com Thanks!

35. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 11, 2009 at 00:57 #

Jessie – maybe next year?

Rachel – thanks and there's more to come!

Rose – absolutely!

36. Momgateway November 11, 2009 at 05:42 #

Congratulations on your win! I'm so happy for you!

37. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 11, 2009 at 13:17 #

Momgateway – well I did not win the Award, "just" the Bertolli scholarship (about which I am still over the moon thrilled!!!)

38. Tangled Noodle November 13, 2009 at 04:20 #

Thanks for sharing these great photos! I'm having fun reading through all the various re-caps of the events last weekend. 8-)

39. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 16, 2009 at 13:02 #

Tangled Noodle – maybe next year?

40. Nate-n-Annie November 24, 2009 at 04:46 #

Oy. that's a fantastic dinner. Wish I could tuck into those beef cheeks!

41. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite November 25, 2009 at 02:11 #

Nate-n-Annie – the beef cheeks were to die for!