My Hallowe’en costume

Of course, I was a chef! Wearing my chef whites from George Brown Centre for Hospitality and Culinary Arts. It was a crazy week at school with Parent Teacher interviews and then Hallowe’en craziness (imagine 156 sugared up, in costume kids!!!) but I made it! Looking forward to doling out the candy tomorrow night at home (err… after I replace some of it that we just had to “test” this week!). So excited that this time next week I will be in San Francisco for the Foodbuzz Blogger Festival!!!!

Don’t forget – you have until Sunday, November 1st to “buzz” my Pesto deconstructed pizzas here so I can demo my menu item in the Bertolli Sauce kitchen at the Foodbuzz Blogger Festival in San Francisco on November 7th!

Thanks!

13 Responses to My Hallowe’en costume

1. Jhonny walker October 30, 2009 at 18:52 #

You should totally wear this for your san fran adventure :) I plan to be a nerdy schoolgirl :)

BTW, you have an award at my place for your lovely blog :)

2. Diana Bauman October 30, 2009 at 19:34 #

Mardi!! I think I may be going to the FB Festival!!! If sissy can get some days off work, we're heading out there! Oh my gosh, Keep your fingers crossed! So very excited!!

3. Fresh Local and Best October 30, 2009 at 19:38 #

Have a great Halloween!

4. Simply Life October 30, 2009 at 19:39 #

I love the costume! So perfect! :)

5. high low October 30, 2009 at 20:39 #

Great costume! I was thinking of Deviled Egg while my husband's paprika (getting him to wear red is enough of a challenge!) Bring it to SF so I can easily spot you in the crowd! (before your Bertolli presentation, of course!) =)

6. Neil C. Phillips October 30, 2009 at 21:00 #

"We?" Ahem.

(Re treats.)

7. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite October 30, 2009 at 21:33 #

Jhonny – LOL!

Diana – so very excited to maybe meet you!!! Fingers crossed!

Fresh Local, Simply Life – thanks!

High Low – that sounds like a GREAT costume! Now you know what I look like to look for me sans chef outfit!

Neil – Yes. We.

8. K a b l o o e y October 30, 2009 at 22:41 #

You're very cute, ya know. And you and Neil seem to have a funny repartee. Maybe you guys can host a food show together someday. (We. Ahem.)

9. ann October 30, 2009 at 23:01 #

Well Mardi, it's official! Now that you are being nominated for food related awards and such, it is sure that I will NEVER, EVER, cook a meal for you! I would be far too intimidated….Such talent!!! You're the best.

10. Chow and Chatter October 31, 2009 at 01:07 #

u look so cute

11. Amanda October 31, 2009 at 15:51 #

Nice costume!

But this somehow sends shivers up my spine! Reminds of all the years spent slaving over a hot stove in the restaurant business…

12. Mardi @eatlivetravelwrite October 31, 2009 at 19:58 #

Kablooey – thanks. And yes a few people have told us that.

Ann – LOL – no YOU'RE the best!

Rebecca (Chow) – thanks

Amanda – sorry I sent shivers up your spine! That's the point of Hallowe'en, right?

13. pierre November 1, 2009 at 11:32 #

you look very good as a chef !!!
    and if you want to taste a different hummus come and see my blog !! see you à bientot Pierre