Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine (Windsor, Ontario)

When I found myself with a trip to Windsor, Ontario, on the horizon and a night where I would have to fend for myself for dinner, I thought who better to ask than my bloggy friend, Jordana of Menu Maniac who wrote a guest post for me earlier this summer. She suggested Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine, not far from where I was staying.

Well I looked it up on Windsor Eats and found this:

I thought it looked a little fancy for a solo dinner and I knew that I would probably have work to catch up on that night so I was thrilled to discover their takeout/ delivery menu.

After a trip to the LCBO for some liquid accompaniment for my meal, I settled back to enjoy:

A small Fattoush Salad ($3.49)
Fresh mix of greens, tomato, cucumber and deep fried pita bread chips in our signature fattoush dressing.

and the Duo of Shish Kebab Combo ($15.99)
Tenderloin shish kabob and shish tawook (chicken) served with garlic dip.

Verdict? Garlicky deliciousness!!! This was amazing and brought back memories of many many dinners at Adelaide’s Quiet Waters restaurant when I was at university. But oh so much more refined. Sitting back with a glass of red overlooking this:

Image courtesy of Detroit NewsReader Pix.

Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine
372 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, ON N9A 1A6
(519) 967-9696

12 Responses to Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine (Windsor, Ontario)

1. haya August 25, 2009 at 23:43 #

yum!!
    lebanese food is one of my favourites. i'm always on the hunt for an excellent shawarma sandwich, though so far most of the places i've hit in toronto (except for the ones my dad makes) have been disappointing.

love the garlic sauce! when i lived in ottawa, there was a lebanese restaurant down the street from me and every time i was in there, there was a little old man (presumably the father of the owner) peeling a big bowl of garlic cloves. so cute! and delicious

2. Conor @ HoldtheBeef August 26, 2009 at 09:26 #

Mmmm garlicky!

I have to say though, those deep fried pita pieces kinda look like those dried pig ears you find in the pet shop. Sorry, am sure they tasted un-piggy (and un-eary I would hope).

3. eatlivetravelwrite August 26, 2009 at 11:43 #

Yes unfortunately the pita chips are not so photogenic but they were very delicious (deep fried, so obviously!!)

4. Neil C. Phillips August 26, 2009 at 12:21 #

Yumm.

Next summer we're going to roast a whole little Bershire pig in the backyard, so we can give you a proper review of said ears, Conor.

5. eatlivetravelwrite August 26, 2009 at 12:25 #

We = Neil.

6. MenuManiac August 26, 2009 at 12:34 #

So glad you enjoyed it! You would have been absolutely fine dining solo in the restaurant. It's not as upscale as the website looks! I often go in in gym clothes…I'm the most casual person there but still comfortable!

7. eatlivetravelwrite August 26, 2009 at 12:36 #

Good to know for next time. In any case, the food was delicious and I enjoyed my view!!!! Thanks for the tip!

8. Special K August 26, 2009 at 18:21 #

Garlicky is the BEST! Hey! I know my ins and outs with the custom thing and will ensure delivery on Dr. Kracker's (two kinds: fire roasted and apple crisp) for the share challenge…email me your address and I'll send them out!

9. Conor @ HoldtheBeef August 26, 2009 at 22:50 #

Hooray! Upcoming ear review!

10. 5 Star Foodie August 27, 2009 at 11:53 #

The duo of shish kebabs sounds superb! We need to do a trip to Canada, keep postponing it for some reason.

11. Fresh Eats August 27, 2009 at 15:10 #

Hmmm, looks like I need to cross the border to check it all out for myself. Looks delicious. Nice photo of the Motor City, too!

12. eatlivetravelwrite August 27, 2009 at 18:22 #

Definitely Fresh Eats – you could go for dinner with Jordana!