Liquorice extravaganza!

As you all know by now, I love liquorice

Back in Australia and SO excited to find my most favourite of all time liquorice allsorts still in existence!!! A couple of months ago, my mum phoned me to tell me that our favourite liquorice allsorts from Darrell Lea had changed their recipe and were “inedible” (for my sweet tooth mum to tell me this, it’s serious!). On top of that, they appeared to no longer be made in Australia, but China. Ok, nuff said.

So one of the first things I did upon arrival (well, after a night’s sleep, of course!) was to head on down to our local Darrell Lea store to check out this situation.

We were delighted to find that apparently mum was not the only person unhappy with the change in flavouring (and manufacturer) of the allsorts and that they were once again being made in Australia and were the same old ones we know and love!!!

and up close:

Also spotted and purchased, these:

which are actually:

Chocolate coated liquorice. Looks pretty unattractive but a candy featuring two of my favourite flavours… What could be better???

7 Responses to Liquorice extravaganza!

1. Martha July 11, 2009 at 18:07 #

I love the packaging. Both treats look really yummy. They must have had tons of complaints to change the manufacturing back to Australia.

2. ann July 11, 2009 at 20:35 #

Liquorice is also one of my favorites! Bring some back for me, please!! I would love to try the chocolate covered liquorice. It looks delicious!

3. The Best Family July 12, 2009 at 06:04 #

not sure about the licorice/chocolate combo. i think you'd better bring me some so i can decide for sure.

4. mardi July 12, 2009 at 20:00 #

Yes yes yes, Ann and Cathy/ Steve – there will hopefully be samples coming your way in August!!!

5. Neil C. Phillips July 12, 2009 at 20:14 #

They have to pass through Westminster Customs Agents for inspection and tariff charges first…

6. Edite Sammons July 12, 2009 at 23:24 #

I used to absolutely hate licorice (black). I loved and still love Twizzlers (red please). But I have recently tried really good licorice (black) and have absolutely loved it! Bring some home!

7. Anonymous October 26, 2009 at 21:48 #

I absolutely love darrell Lea allsorts. I tries them in Youngstown Ohio, and have craved them ever since.
    Liquorice Gob!!!!!